We saw your burgandy van glide past a few Saturdays ago, homesick eyes above out-of-state plates. The stella d'oros (lilies) and the floribundas (roses) were just buds then. Now they, along with the shasta daisies, are in full bloom. The wiegela, past its prime, nevertheless continues to flower. The Asiatic lilies are budding; the lilacs and dianthus are memories.
The only print you left on the deck was the hook for a hanging basket. I have filled two rectangular planters and four large pots with red geraniums, purple petunias, and annual blue lobelia.
Around the tomatoes, I planted orange-yellow marigolds to repel pests, and blue ageratum to complement them. The marigolds have turned yellow-orange against my wishes. The five tomato plants sport yellow flowers; why does Early Girl run in third place?
Lastly, I put six coleus in the shade by the garage, and two pink begonia bulbs in pots on the front porch.
You did not leave directions on the level of care to which your plants are accustomed. So I will spend the summer watching for signs, hoping to accurately diagnose problems and provide necessary treatment in time.
This is very good. Thanks - this got to me in a good way. God bless.
ReplyDeleteMy wife is also crazy about flowers. We've been planting more this year than before.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, thanks for adding Lunar Skeletons to your blogroll.
Always good to see (and read) you, Catez.
ReplyDeleteO.M.- I needed a "flippery fish." :-) Just kidding. I enjoy reading your perspective, and am trying to figure out what part of the country you live in, with the colorful characters that populate your blog.
My neighbor has a bed full of light pink, middle pink, dark pink and white dianthus. I feel quite rich looking at it from my bedroom window . . . without having done any of the work! :-)
ReplyDelete