I think I'm going to change the name of my blog to Canterbury Tales. From passing gas on July 21 to poetry on July 25. Only Chaucer could pull that off!
I am thrilled find bloggers, two of them even guys, that like poetry. :-) The Christian blog world could use some poetry. Scotwise, I'm going to have to dig out my old _Reflections on a Gift of Watermelon Pickle_, from junior high.
Kim, I don't remember much of what Williams wrote, but one memorable phrase was "a green thought in a green shade." And I think he sold insurance, which I found a fascinating combination with poetry.
Yes!
ReplyDelete(laughing)
I think I like this just as well as anything Williams wrote (sorry; I had a hard time with him).
ReplyDeletethe red wheel barrow poem is one of my favorites! and yours is delgihtful. I can almost taste those tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteJulana, that's great!
ReplyDeleteI must admit, I loved this! :) Give us some more!
ReplyDeleteGBYAY
I think I'm going to change the name of my blog to Canterbury Tales. From passing gas on July 21 to poetry on July 25. Only Chaucer could pull that off!
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled find bloggers, two of them even guys, that like poetry. :-)
The Christian blog world could use some poetry.
Scotwise, I'm going to have to dig out my old _Reflections on a Gift of Watermelon Pickle_, from junior high.
Very nice poem.
ReplyDeleteKim,
ReplyDeleteI don't remember much of what Williams wrote, but one memorable phrase was "a green thought in a green shade." And I think he sold insurance, which I found a fascinating combination with poetry.