Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Once more to the lake

For the past few months, I've read of your travels: to the sea, to Texas heat and tornadoes, to Disney World, Italy, Yosemite, a writing seminar in New Mexico, England's New Wine conference of caravans, the family farm in Iowa, the Florida sister, CBA in Denver, romance in New York City, the Norwegian fjords, historical and scenic sites of western Canada, the RWA conference in Reno. (Sorry if I missed anyone. :-)

(Here I sit in the flat Midwest, where we slowly grow wheat, corn, soybeans, beef, chickens, and dairy cows to feed you all.)

Tomorrow we take off for a few days.

I will take along "Learning the Ancient Rhythms of Prayer: Why charismatics and evangelicals, among others, are flocking to communities famous for set prayers and worshipping by the clock," an article originally published December 9, 2000. Paul Boers, the author, is pastor of Bloomingdale Mennonite church in Ontario. Christianity Today has linked it on their website as part of their observance of the passing of Brother Roger, the founder of Taize.

If you have time to surf, Barbara of Being Barbara, Being Mum, Being Me has a thoughtful post about letting go of one's children, a theme that has also recently surfaced on Circle of Quiet and Wittingshire. Barbara's post is especially interesting because she lives in Great Britain, and she reflects on changes in family life over several generations there.

Mel of Actual Unretouched Photo also has a beautiful post on taking her son to visit her aged grandmother, who is about to pass the century mark.

Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Have a great trip Julana. Hope it is refreshing and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julana, have a wonderful trip. You deserve it (oh, and take some pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely time. (And thanks for the mention.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:00 PM

    Julana,

    thanks for the mention - and I hope and pray that you have a lovely break and come back refreshed and renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a wonderful time Julana. You are a special lady. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joining in with the well-wishers, Julana. See you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice surpise to find all these good wishes. :-) Thank you, all. We had a great time.

    ReplyDelete