"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts toward wisdom."
Psalms 90:12; 139:13-17.
Monday, August 29, 2005
Summer Joy 12: Merry-go-round
Longing
This merry-go-round included Onward, Christian Soldiers and Jesus Loves the Little Children in its repertoire. Visions of Narnian animals going forth to battle danced in my head, during the first.
Bstrong, I saw your (and your wife's) story of fun. What a great day.
Sparrow, I know. It was surprising, in a public venue. Put-in-Bay, on the shore of South Bass Island, up on Lake Erie. I wasn't sure if Onward, Christian Soldiers was to honor someone serving in Iraq, or what. It was really quite amusing, because most of the animals were riderless, on a weekday, so it seemed as if the "soldiers" referred to the animals--marching forth to war.
Great post Julana, and great photos, as soon as it opened up, I could hear the music, now its in my head for the day! :)
ReplyDeleteGBYAY
John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a place where you would have fit right in!
The summer is ending and I think everyone went to the fair or amusement park this past weekend, I know we did. Great pictures.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
B
How cool! I've never heard any of those songs at a merry-go-round before.
ReplyDeleteBstrong,
ReplyDeleteI saw your (and your wife's) story of fun. What a great day.
Sparrow,
I know. It was surprising, in a public venue. Put-in-Bay, on the shore of South Bass Island, up on Lake Erie. I wasn't sure if Onward, Christian Soldiers was to honor someone serving in Iraq, or what.
It was really quite amusing, because most of the animals were riderless, on a weekday, so it seemed as if the "soldiers" referred to the animals--marching forth to war.
In the words of CS Lewis "onwards and upwards"........
ReplyDeleteI had a ride on that merry-go-round with you.....
My head is still spinning..
Christian calliope? That's great...
ReplyDeleteLike others, I can hear it too.