
Steeple, Episcopal Church, Blowing Rock, NC
I enjoy Jan Karon's Mitford series. The new one, Light from Heaven, hit the shelves last week. Two years ago we spent a week of November in Charleston, SC, and stopped in Blowing Rock, NC, on the way home. Karon lived in Blowing Rock while writing the books, and you can see some of her inspirations in the town.

Entrance, Episcopal Church, Blowing Rock, NC
I LOVE her books! Such a treasure.
ReplyDeleteHave you read any of the Home to Harmony series by Phillip Gulley? Too funny! He is a Quaker pastor dealing with everyday people that will make you cry with laughter. :)
I love them, too. I think about becoming an Episcopalian, or is it moving to a small town (?) every time I read her books. I just want to live in Mitford. When I'm old, I want to be in the nursing home with the pets and the greenhouse, and have someone come and read me Psalms. :-)
ReplyDeleteNo, I've seen that series in the bookstore, but haven't bitten yet. I'll put it on my mental list, to take note, and maybe reserve at the library, on your recommendation. I just thought no one else could live up to Father Tim. And Dooley, Barnabas, Harley, etc.
Yes,Nancy, I did. And that was one reason I liked her. Even though Lauren was an intellectual, she could appreciate the values and homey-ness of Mitford. Maybe partly because she was from VA, close by. She realized the strong, caring community grew out of the Christian value system.
ReplyDelete