Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas card

Allthings2all is hosting the third Spotlight on Darfur.

Spirit of Adoption, a recent comer to the blogsphere, has been sharing steps on her and her husband's adoption journey. She shared a number of verses describing our adoption as children of God. She sees her and her husband's decision to adopt as following an example God has set for us.

For Christians, the Incarnation is a prelude to adoption. And one of the results of that adoption is being taken into a large family that includes millions of new brothers and sisters. Some of those brothers and sisters are living, and being persecuted, in the Darfur region of the Sudan. I am proud to be part of a family that includes such strong and faith-filled people. I will not turn my eyes away from their tribulation at Christmas. They also enjoy the holiday, and may be better at celebrating than we are.

Merry Christmas to Christians in the Sudan. May your faith remain strong. May God bring your country peace in the New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Julana. I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers. God is with you - you dear woman of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN, AMEN, Julana! The LORD often reminds me of the verse "Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body" Hebrews 13:3 May we think of those all over the world who are being persecuted for their faith and intercede on their behalf!!!!

    Thanks for sharing some of our blog on your post - that's really special and humbling!

    grace and peace, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Catez.

    Barbara and Shawnda,
    I know. I appreciate the balance Catez helps bring to the Christian internet, giving us a bit more outward focus.

    ReplyDelete