* * * * * * *Kay is convinced that the church is the answer to the world’s global giants, like AIDS.
“The evangelical church has been asleep at the wheel,” she says. “We have been absent from our post in caring for people and their needs for a very long time now. But I see repentance happening. I see people waking up with the same shock that I did and wanting to respond. That fills me with hope.”
Kay knows the world won’t be perfect until Jesus returns.
“But we can push back the darkness,” she says. “We can bring His presence and His light. We can be His hands that relieve the suffering, that comfort the dying, that care for the sick.”
Prof. Johan Malan of the University of Limpopo, South Africa, has published an article, Wilkinson's Dream For Africa is Shattered, detailing reasons for the failure of Bruce Wilkinson's* campaign to fight AIDS in Swaziland. (HT: Crossroads)
* * * * * * *
We need to become better observers and listeners.
*Wilkinson authored The Prayer of Jabez. Kay Warren is married to Rick Warren, author of The Purpose-Driven Life.
Amen.
ReplyDeleteHappy new year to you and yours.
Thank you, Curious Servant. I appreciate your testimony.
ReplyDeleteI wish your family health and peace in the New Year.
Interesting read Julana. I wasn't familar with Wilkison's work in Africa. I think the article you provided offered a reasonable critique.
ReplyDeletepeace,
Christie
Christie,
ReplyDeleteI think his heart was in the right place.
I have moved more and more toward support of native missions, as opposed to going in and starting from scratch, imposing our methods on people.