Sunday, February 05, 2006

Greenhouse 1: glass







































Chihuly
ADDED: We visited the local plant conservatory this past Saturday.

9 comments:

  1. I am so in love with glass art! If I had money to burn, my house would have lots of it! Thanks for the link to the website. I have stayed up past my bedtime looking at all the lovely glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:19 AM

    Where did you see this? It's so gorgeous. I know he has a studio in Seattle, but I've never gone to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lori, wish you could come here and see this in person.

    Sparrow,
    Dale Chihuly had an exhibit here at the Franklin Park Conservatory on the east side last year. At the end of the show, the Conservatory bought a number of pieces and now has them on permanent display.

    I had never heard of him before. He must have a wild mind. Very imaginative. The middle picture is a koi pond, with his large glass balls floating on it. An idea for your koi pond! :-)

    (We go about once a year, and went this past Saturday.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:21 AM

    Ha! I wish I could afford to have several Chihuly pieces floating in my koi pond!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:57 AM

    These are lovely photos...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Rebecca, and My Kid's Mom. It is amazing what Chihuly can do with glass. When you see a display like this, and realize what creativity human beings are capable of, you think: people are not made to work in cubicles. They are not made to destroy things. They are made to be able to create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sad it is that we live near the Glass Museum and haven't been there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel,
    You could get homeschool credit for that. Art 101!

    ReplyDelete