Sunday, April 09, 2006

Palm Sunday: looking toward home

Refrain
Steal away, steal away, steal away to Jesus!
Steal away, steal away home,
I ain’t got long to stay here.

My Lord, He calls me,
He calls me by the thunder;
The trumpet sounds within my soul,
I ain’t got long to stay here.

Refrain

Green trees are bending,
Poor sinners stand a-trembling;
The trumpet sounds within my soul,
I ain’t got long to stay here.

Refrain

My Lord, He calls me,
He calls me by the lightning;
The trumpet sounds within my soul,
I ain’t got long to stay here.

Yesterday we attended the memorial service for my aunt, who stole away a few weeks ago. She had a rich and full life. She had much to be thankful for, and so did we.

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss but it is so wonderful to know that we have an assurance of seeing those we loved again when they have followed Christ. I know the promise of His resurrection is a great comfort to you & yours today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote about an 11th hour conversion.

    Death can be sad... and sweet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouraging words, Lori, Martin, and Curious Servant. I have been so blessed to have had her for an aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful song for a beautiful person. Thanks Julana.

    Be encouraged!
    GBYAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are encouraged in the fact that your aunt is worhsiping Jesus perfectly now and rejoicing always...yet, I know it must be hard to say "goodbye" for a little while! Most of my family doesn't know the Lord, so it's hard for me to have this peaceful, sweet perspective when I think of them taking their last breath on eath (my first response when I hear something like this is a gasp and sadness...but then I have to realize that it's SO different, eternally, than what I am initially thinking ....I say that because I truly am SO thankful that you can rejoice that your aunt is "enjoying pleasures forevermore" RIGHT NOW in Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, John, Shawnda, and Nancy. I was richly blessed with my relatives.

    ReplyDelete