Saturday, April 22, 2006

Simple pleasures

I was honored by a tag from Rebecca, of Rebecca Writes, for a meme listing ten simple pleasures in life. I like:

1. Getting my hands in the dirt.
2. Spending time in a greenhouse/nursery, at any time of year.
3. Tim Hortons' decaf coffee with cream.
4. Watching our son walk.
5. Reading essays about gardening.
6. Salt and vinegar potato chips, especially Mike Sells brand.
7. Toblerone chocolate bars.
8. The smell of hot pizza.
9. Hot dish water.
10. A smile or a hug from our son.

I enjoy the simple things on Rebecca's list, too. I've enjoyed reading these memes from others who've done them. It reminds me that we don't really need riches to buy happiness. I'll tag Martin, retired professor blogging at Sun and Shield and Violet at Promptings. Anyone else want to volunteer?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 AM

    Ah, a new brand of potato chip. I must try them the next time we drive through the US

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm - I love S&V potato chips. It makes my mouth water just thinking about them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kim. Mike Sells are the best. My cousin got me on to them in high school.

    My Kid's Mom,
    It's funny, people either really like them or they don't. No in-betweens. :-)

    Oh, Vashti, I'm sorry you're having a bad week. I don't have those chips very often, but when I do, it's often one of those little rewards during a stressful time. In grad school, it was at the end of each quarter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:39 PM

    You have Tim Horton's?? I knew there were a few outlets in Maine but I didn't realize they went all the way to Ohio. We introduced our American friends to Tim's when they moved up here. They thought we were a bit crazy to drive 25 min. for a coffee (we live in the country) but now they are into it!! It's a social experience. You can drink coffee at home but it's not the same.
    Speaking of potato chips I just tried seasalt and pepper - too good!!
    My 10 are posted too. I enjoyed doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm
    1. smiles and hugs -- amen to that one!
    2. a brilliant blue sky seen through the pink blossoms of a magnolia (or redbud or cherry)
    3. Does listening to music count? Willie Nelson's 'Over the Rainbow', or Ray Charles & James Taylor's 'Sweet Potato Pie' late on a warm night
    4. the sound of a train whistle through an open window
    5. a hot fire on a cool evening campout and the way your sweater smells like a woodfire the next day
    6. listening to a child read out loud
    7. fluffy warm biscuits with strawberry jam and real butter
    8. a porch swing
    9. clean sheets
    10. more smiles and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. islandsparrow,
    I could give up caffeine if it weren't for Tim Horton's!
    I enjoyed your ten. These lists help me realize how blessed I am, when I slow to think.

    Janet,
    That is a great list! No sensory issues there. :-) I have the Willie Nelson, but not the other. I'd like to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have posted some simple pleasures

    here
    . Thanks!

    ReplyDelete