Attention is love, what we must give
children, mothers, fathers, pets,
our friends, the news, the woes of others.
What we want to change we curse and then
pick up a tool. Bless whatever you can
with eyes and hands and tongue. If you
can't bless it, get ready to make it new.
--Marge Piercy (from The Art of Blessing the Day)
Blessed Mother's Day to you!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Martin. :-)
ReplyDeleteWell said, Marge.
ReplyDeleteWell-chosen, Julana!
Hope you had a very happy Mother's Day.
Thank you, Violet. I'm not a big Marge Piercy fan, but I liked her emphasis on giving attention as a form of love.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Dee.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you Julana - it is way past Mother's Day but may today and tomorrow find you equally as blessed..
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Barbara.
ReplyDeleteHey Julana
ReplyDeletemissing you
hope everything is ok
Thank you, Islandsparrow.
ReplyDeleteI have been through an extremely stressful time with the start-up of our new special needs parent group. I fell into the middle of a political fight.
We also went to Michigan over the weekend, to visit family.
I hope to be back soon.