Thursday, August 03, 2006

August thanksgiving 3: something to give

A number of years ago, I had a roommate who made more money than I did. She was comfortable; I scraped. One day, I had a conversation with her about money--how much was enough? She said that her desire was to have enough to cover her needs, with some left over to give to others. (She was more sanctified than I was, which was probably why she had more money. :-)

Today my son and I went down to the local University to help educate the next generation of physical therapy students. I gave them a brief health, developmental, and therapy history. They interviewed me about his current skill levels, played with him, and tried to motivate him to do things that were on his "cutting edge." Their perception of him changed over the hour we spent together.

We did a little bit to help the next group of parents that comes along, as parents before us did, for our benefit. After many years of taking, it's good to have something left over to give.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Julana.

    Be encouraged!
    GBYAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julana, you give in far more ways than that. I'm thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, John, Truevyne, and Violet.
    We keep trying. :-)
    I hope some day I'm giving someone toilet training advice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:58 PM

    What a wonderful opportunity for all of you. Thanks for doing that Julana, I know you helped more than you probably know. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And your know that it WILL be appreciated by those new parents coming along! God bless you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Lori, Curious Servant, and Pilotmom. It's good to be able to help.

    ReplyDelete