Saturday, November 08, 2008

November Thanksgiving 4

Today I'm thankful for a washer, a dryer, sleep, weekends, discount bookstores, and fall weather.

6 comments:

  1. Good list! I am, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh today when my mother told about my aunt's adamant defense of her wringer washer.
    Evidently someone around her has made her feel the need to defend it.
    It broke down recently, and she hauled it up to Amish country for repair.
    She enjoys washing with it. To each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:13 PM

    Oh yes a washer and dryer- especially on a rainy day like today just wish I had a good discount bookstore... I'd be close to heaven :)

    word verification -dulness - wonder if it's trying to tell me something?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could start a small used bookstore up there. I'm sure it would go over well with the summer crowd. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thankful reminders, Julana. How easy it is to take these everyday things for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Violet. It's easy until they disappear.
    Many people around here lost electricity for a few days after the recent Texas hurricane winds blew past here. You often don't appreciate something until it's gone.

    ReplyDelete