Today my husband had the best chicken soup he has ever tasted, thanks to Sparrow's immunity-building Best Chicken Soup recipe. Its secret lies in the garlic, grated ginger, and cayenne pepper. (Just think how good it would have been if I had actually had garlic on hand. :-)
I'm looking forward to trying Simply Recipes' White Bean and Ham Soup. I have a drawerful of bags of various kinds of beans. We've cut back on afternoon therapies to make time for toilet-training. Voila! Time for simmering soups and stews.
We've been using the post-holiday bones and meat to make all sorts of soups over the past couple of weeks. There's something about soup that is well suited to January in Canada. ;)
ReplyDeleteYeah!! I'm glad you liked it. It's a hit whenever I make it.
ReplyDeleteYour bean soup is on next week's menu.
Ian,
ReplyDeleteI bet you could share some good recipes; given all those kitchen tools you got for Christmas, you've got some. :-)
Yes, Sparrow, I've been eating the leftovers this week, and it's still good. (We're on our second week of viruses.)
Vashti,
I think the flavor is more complex than we usually get in this house, because of all the ingredients. Much more interesting than the soup from a can we usually have.