
"He'll raise you up
On eagle's wings
Bear you on the
Breath of dawn
Make you shine
Like the sun
And hold you in
The palm of His hand"
Given in memory of a young man who passed away in his early 20's, by his family. (click to enlarge)

Lexington Cemetery
The sculpture is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat are the gorgeous blossom-trailing trees in the bottom picture?
Those trees are just breath taking!
ReplyDeleteJulana, absolutely beautiful! The parents loved that young man.
ReplyDeleteBe encouraged!
GBYAY
Violet,
ReplyDeleteI think those might have been weeping cherries, like what we have at the end of our sidewalk. The pink ones might be flowering crabapple. Redbuds are actually lavender in color, I think.
Kim,
I know. That is the most encouraging cemetery to visit. It was our second time there. There is so much faith and hope expressed in epitaphs and statuary throughout the grounds. And visiting in spring just adds to that sense of coming resurrection.
John,
I know--that statue was very moving to see in person. It expressed so much the family's love for this young man, and their faith in his final destiny.
Very beautiful, peaceful, and tranquil - you captured the essence of that place!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful pictures, Julana! The one with the blossoms just reaching right down to the water is pretty spectacular! That would be a great place to go and sit and relax and be able to pray and focus!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely - we sang that same song at my mother's funeral - it is so moving.
ReplyDeleteThank you, My Kid's Mom, Vashti, Pilot Mom, and Islandsparrow. I hadn't realized that was so widely used as a funeral song, but it seemed very comforting in that setting. I think I'd like to be buried in a place like that. A huge outdoor waiting room.
ReplyDelete